Monday, March 13, 2017

Our Green Week wonder...............
















We were wondering what our school chickens eat.
Some students from Room 6 came in and talked to us about what they feed the chickens.
We found out that they eat silverbeet, lettuce,corn and special pellets.

We went for a walk around our school gardens to see if we could find some of the vegetables the chickens eat. Look what we found!









We found some parsley




We found lots of silverbeet

We even found a little lettuce!

 The chickens lay eggs-we had a look inside the chicken coup to see where they lay their  eggs.



Thank you girls for coming to talk to us about the chickens!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, my name is Hadia and I am a student in room 21 at Owairaka School. I really like your green week wonder photos. It made me think of the the eggs and chickens I used to have in my old country. Have you thought about telling us the names of the chicken. If you would like to see my learning, please visit
    http://odshadiar.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Pop Pop Popcorn!

  It was a pop pop pop popcorn kind of day on Friday! First we decorated our boxes. Next we cut and folded our boxes, we had to think carefu...