Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Tuesday 31st August

 Morena Tuatahi

Kei te pehea koutou katoa-how are you all?

I wonder if you heard the thunder and saw the flashes of lightning last night-it was quite stormy at my house!

Hopefully you are all nice and snug inside and ready for some home learning.


Let's get the day started with some fitness.    

Phonics



      
How many things beginning with a can you find in the picture below?

I can find 9 things, how many can you find?


Writing
Have a go at writing your own sentence and you can share it with us during our Google meet.

Sight words
Are you getting quicker at recognising these sight words-remember to write them down if you can.
Good luck!
    

Reading


Maths
Lets get switched on for maths by practising to count to 100 with the Singing Walrus!
We are learning to recognise numbers using tally marks.
Tally marks are a great way to count lots of things because we can group in 5's-when we shut the gate we have made a bundle of 5.
We don't need to count these tally marks because we recognise the bundle of 5!
Have a go at recognising the numbers on the sheet below:
Here is a word problem for you to work through. I wonder if you can use tally marks to help find the answer?

Have a lovely day Tuatahi, and stay safe and warm inside your bubble and remember to be kind!
We would love to see some photos of your learning, maybe you could send me a photo of your tally marks you drew to solve the word problem.
pgetty@owairaka.school.nz

Ka Kite
















1 comment:

  1. Morena Tuatahi, I hope you are all doing well in this stormy weather. My cat didn't like the thunder last night, so I gave him extra cuddles to help him feel safe. The letter A... I have a red APPLE that I am looking forward to eating today! Kia pai tō rā. (Have a good day.)

    ReplyDelete

Pop Pop Popcorn!

  It was a pop pop pop popcorn kind of day on Friday! First we decorated our boxes. Next we cut and folded our boxes, we had to think carefu...