Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday 9th September

 Morena Tuatahi

Kei te  pehea koutou katoa-how are you all?

Just a reminder that tomorrow(Friday 10th September) is our teacher only day, so there won't be any work on the blog, or google meet session.

We will miss seeing you all, but have a fabulous weekend and we look forward to seeing you all again on Monday.


Here is some learning for today.

Fitness

   

Alphabet

We learn the sound for n as a stretchy sound, but the video has a more bouncy sound-you can stretch it out like we do in class.
     
What can you spy in the picture that begins with the letter n?

Word of the week and writing

Can you read my sentences using the word for?
Have a go at writing your own sentence using the word for.

                               Reading
Today we have another story by Oliver Jeffas. There are two different readings of the same story-I wonder which one you will enjoy listening to the most?






Here is a poem to read-it has our word of the week in it!



Reading sight words-remember to beat the voice on the video! I bet you are getting much quicker at reading the words if you have been doing this everyday.
Remember to start with magenta, and then move to red and yellow if you feel ready.
    




Maths
We are learning to say the number that comes after-remember to do this we count forwards.
Here is our counting song to get you started.
Here are the new work sheets for today-remember you can choose whether you work to 10,20 or beyond.

Number after up to 10
Number after up to 20
Number after to 100

Have a fabulous day Tuatahi and remember to be kind.
We look forward to seeing you later this morning.
Remember, you can email any of your awesome learning to me at pgetty@owairaka.school.nz and we can share it with your buddies through the blog.
Ka Kite



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tuatahi, I wonder what things you have found starting with the letter n? On my walk this morning I saw these things starting with n:
    a net around a tree and my neighbour waving at me
    When I got home I saw these things in my house:
    a necklace, nachos and a nail
    I hope you have fun finding things starting with the letter n.

    ReplyDelete

Pop Pop Popcorn!

  It was a pop pop pop popcorn kind of day on Friday! First we decorated our boxes. Next we cut and folded our boxes, we had to think carefu...